The Sedlak Family

The Sedlak Family
Rachel and John's Wedding

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mom's BEST Day yet!

Hello!

I wanted to fill all of you in on Mom's progress. This past week has been full of huge milestones for her! She has lots of new "tricks" up her sleeves these days!

A few days ago she started moving her right hand. Each day she has shown us more strength and more movement in her fingers and we've seen a few thumbs up!! Yesterday she was squeezing our hands, and when I say squeeze I mean a death grip squeeze!

Her right foot movement continues to increase daily! Toe wiggles, back & forth movement - you name it, that little foot can do it! Her eyes still remain open for an hour or two at a time and she can follow you around the room. {She was moved to a new room on a new floor and we love it - we call it The Four Seasons!!}

She was wiped out today - yesterday all of the grandkids stopped by for a visit! We had a blast taking pictures with Santa, eating cupcakes and running around Grandma's new hospital room! {It's about 3X the size of her old room, if you came to visit, you know exactly how tiny that old room was!}

Mom knows exactly what is going on around her and she can answer any question. It's pretty amazing. Yesterday Kelly and I asked her if she was happy while she was sleeping for five weeks and she shook her head NO! Poor Momma! She did tell us that she is happy now though!

We are so thrilled that she is continuing to heal each day, but we know it's going to a looong road full of ups and downs for her. We are just thrilled and so proud of her, it's exactly what we needed this Christmas.

Please continue to pray for a full recovery for our sweet Momma and for some signs of movement on her left side.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Love, The Sedlak Family

4 comments:

  1. So very happy to hear about Cathy's progess. A long slow journey but getting to the end will be wonderful.
    Next Christmas she will be at home where she belongs!
    This year I wish you all happiness, peace, family togetherness and good memories of more small steps to recovery. It is just what Momma wants.
    Merry Christamas to all of you.
    Love and many more prayers,
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    I am so glad to hear about the progress Aunt Cathty is making. I know how thrilled you all must be. May this Christmas be filled with many more miracles and an overwhelming peace for all of you.

    Merry Christmas!

    Love,

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,Kelly, Michael and Rachel,

    So happy to hear about Cathy's progress. All of our love, prayers and thoughts go out daily to all of you. You are a wonderful family and I know Cathy feels that love surrounding her daily. SHE WILL GET BETTER.

    Merry Christmas to all of you. We love you.

    JACK & JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to hear that Cathy is progressing. It is the season of miracles and I know that God has his hand on her and the rest of you! Praying for a complete recovery and wishing you tons of Christmas blessings. Linda D.

    ReplyDelete