Happy New Years Eve!
I hope everyone had a fabulous New Years with their loved ones. We had a fun NYE dinner with our sweet friends and called it a night! I don't think I'll even be able to stay up to see the ball drop at midnight --- in New York! {I'm lame these days, I know!} ; )
This evening my Dad and I met with Dr. Kim (Mom's Surgeon) in her hospital room. He is still very encouraged with Mom's progress and once again called this a "lightning speed recovery." I guess it's easier for him to call her recovery "lightning speed" because he sees this everyday. But in my mind, this has been the looooongest 9 weeks of my life!
Mom did all of her "tricks" for Dr. Kim and he was thrilled, she almost brought him to tears! He said that she will most definitely walk again, Amen! I don't think I mentioned this yet...but Mom started moving her LEFT HAND three days ago!! The movement is minimal but we know she can do it and we know we will see more when she is ready. Her respiratory therapists have started "capping" her trach and she can now breath for up to 8 hours on her own. All great news to report tonight!
This has been a huge week for her and we are so proud!! Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers these past 9 weeks, God is listening to us and healing our sweet Momma on his timeline, not ours.
God IS Great!!
Cheers to a Happier and Healthier 2013.
Much Love,
Rachel
Here's our guy - Dr. Dong Kim

Wonderful update!
ReplyDeleteGreat way to start the new year.
Go Cathy Go!!!!
The army of angels is behind you with many thoughts and prayers.
Love,
ME
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful news! May 2013 be filled with many more blessings.
Happy New Year!
Love,
Jean
Dear Rachel,
ReplyDeleteHappy 2013 to you, Kelly, Michael and all of your kids and family, and especially to your dad. What a special husband,father and granddad that he is. The prayers are still coming in this new year. Loved what Dr.Kim had to say about your mom's progress. Can't wait for the next wonderful news! Much Love, Aunt Betsy
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteGreat news. I continue to pray and ask God to help her body heal.
Love and prays to your mom and all of you. Roni
So thankful to hear the news about the movement on the left side and also that she is breathing more on her own. Wonderful progress during the Holy Season! Prayers continue in her behalf for a complete recovery on God's time.
ReplyDeleteLinda D.
Rachel, I love getting these positive updates. I'm hoping the bunco group will be able to visit your Mom again soon. It sounds as though she has progressed greatly since we were there.
ReplyDelete