The Sedlak Family

The Sedlak Family
Rachel and John's Wedding

Friday, April 19, 2013

Life at Home

Hello friends & family,

Our sweet lady has been at home for two weeks now and she is doing very well. Each time I see her, I see an improvement!

She has had two weeks to rest and sometime this week she will begin outpatient rehab in the Med Center. Dad will drive her downtown 3 times a week. She will continue with OT, PT and Speech. I've noticed that her speech has gone downhill since her discharge from the hospital, but I pray that comes back once rehab starts.

Mom is truly happy these days, John Chris and I stop by their house everyday to say hi and she is always smiling. She has not lost her sense of humor, that's for sure. I think she laughs more than ever now! Life is too short and if you know us well, you know we like to have a good time - ALL THE TIME!

We've started to take Mom on little field trips to get her out of the house and she loves it! That girl loves to shop, so we make sure to hit up for favorite spots! Watch out Houston, she's coming back!

Dad has a new name these days and it's Saint John of Little Bear. He is amazing! He takes excellent care of Mom from morning to night. He works on her speech, applies daily meds, cooks meals, takes care of the house and you know what he says..."It's easy, Tooch!" I tell him, "he's going to straight to Heaven!"

Thank you to all of our friends and family these past two weeks for the yummy meals and treats, fun visits, gorgeous flowers and thoughtful cards! You all have made this huge transition much easier for us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Love, Rachel


 
Mom getting the cast checked out.


 
John Chris loves rides with Grandma!

3 comments:

  1. So happy to get a report that is so "UP". Yes, John, you are a saint! Being a 24/7 caregiver is an endless job and I know all the care you give is done with pure love.
    Keep up the good work but remember to take care of yourself.
    Prayers continue.
    Love,
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thrilled to hear that Cathy is so
    happy at home. We so prayed for this wonderful
    day to arrive and continue to pray for more
    good things to come. We love you all.
    Betsy and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your posts, Rachel! This weekend as my mom left her prayer hour at St Martha your parents were arriving for 9 a.m. mass. She was so happy to see them and she says your mom looked GREAT! They talked briefly and I was so excited when she told me about it. Your mom is a living angel and yes your dad is a SAINT! -Margaret

    ReplyDelete