Hi friends!
Tomorrow is our BIG DAY, Mom's Homecoming!!!
We have been longing for this day for nearly 6 months now. Mom has been working very hard these past 10 weeks at TIRR and tomorrow her hard work pays off. Home!
I think we are as mentally and physically prepared as we can be. Dad especially - he's a trained nurse, therapist and speech pathologist now! Not technically, but pretty darn close. TIRR has done an amazing job at getting us ready too. Yesterday Kelly and I were trained on transfers. {Helping Mom move from chair to chair} Mom's therapists have been so wonderful too, they have given Dad all the advice, information and tips to help make life a bit easier once at home with Mom.
As we say goodbye to TIRR tomorrow I know my eyes will be filled with tears, not tears of sadness but tears of joy. God has so many angels working at that hospital! The therapists, the nurses and the Doctors - each one of them are true Angels in my eyes. It takes a special person to do what they do at TIRR and they all do it so well! A BIG thanks to Patrice, James, Courtney & Kaylen!
As I look back on this crazy journey, so many amazing people have come into my life, I can't help but smile. Mom's ICU nurse that held me tight as I cried, the funny nurses at Kindred that would dance to make me and John Chris laugh, the old man that told me the same story everyday - all of these sweet people didn't know me, but they somehow knew what to do to make everything just a little bit better for me. I truly believe that God works in mysterious ways and although I may have aged 5 years in 6 months, I am a stronger person now!
If God brings you to it, he WILL get you through it! Oh so true! ; )
I better try to get some sleep tonight, tomorrow is a BIG DAY! I'll write a post tomorrow night too so everyone knows how our first day back to reality goes!
Goodnight!
Love, Rachel

Rachel, You made me cry...I am so happy...that is all I can say!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about mom coming home. She has to be so excited.
LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!
Aunt Betsy