The Sedlak Family

The Sedlak Family
Rachel and John's Wedding

Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Power of Prayer

Hello all!

I am so excited to share this wonderful news with you - I have the biggest smile on my face right now! Our sweet lady has had her best week yet.

God is listening to us! We are seeing improvements every day. Her strength continues to amaze me, if you have seen her lately you know exactly what I mean!

She is awake for hours at a time now. Her right arm is very strong and getting stronger each day. Her respiratory therapists are continuing to cap the trach and she can now breathe for 24 hours on her own. Once she can breathe for a minimum of 48-72 hours with the trach capped they will consider removing it! My Dad has recently been giving her ice chips and she loves it -she munches away! Yesterday a dear family friend of ours, Susan Ward, made Mom laugh out loud! Our sweet lady coming back to us, friends!

I think back to six weeks ago when we were only seeing a few toe wiggles and eye twitches, and oh my goodness she has come a long way!! God is GOOD!

Thank you for the prayers. I know all of you have been storming the heavens with prayers for her these past three months and I don't know where we would be today if it wasn't for your help.

Thank you!!

Love,
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. So happy for the good news. I know you hearts are singing! Sending prayers and good wishes to you all. Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
    WOW is an understatement.
    The power fo prayer is so wonderful.
    Keep it up Cathy...way to go.
    Love to all,
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Dear Rachel, What wonderful news for us to receive. To know that your mom is enjoying the ice chips, that her right arm is so strong......and the best to hear that she actually laughed! Soooooo GOOD! We so wished that we lived closer to help your family with all of the ups and downs. Right now, it seems like alot of good ups! Prayers are always coming your way. We love you, Aunt Betsy and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to read your latest post Rachel! Yay Aunt Cathy! We think about you all the time and are praying like crazy for you guys! Hugs and kisses-Mel, Chad, Georgia and Stella

    ReplyDelete