Hello hello,
My sweet Mom had a veryyy relaxing and much deserved afternoon at "Spa Kindred" today!
I was able to sneak away to the hospital this afternoon without my little man in tow {Thank you, John!} so I wanted to take full advantage of my one on one time with Mom! So I did what any girl would do...if you couldn't make it to the Nail Salon...we would bring it to you, right girls?!
Well, that is exactly what I did - I brought the salon to her! I pampered that sweet lady for two hours. She got the Rachel Special, a manicure and pedicure! She was so relaxed, big smiles on her face and a very low heart rate. {Her heart rate has been very high these past few weeks >100, today I got it down to 79 during the foot massage!} She loved it!!
Every day I see her I like to throw in some pop quiz questions to see what she knows and remembers since her brain surgeries... Today I asked her about my social security number {Random, I know!} and she knew it! The other day she answered a few questions I had about feeding tubes. {When I say "answer" I mean she responds by nodding her head or raising her eyebrows...just for clarification!}
TWO brain surgeries... and she is still one of the smartest ladies I know!
Love you, Mom!
Love, Rachel



What a wonderful mental picture I have of you treating your Mom. You are doing for her just as Jesus would have us. She is lucky to have the family support you have all given her. Blessings. Linda D.
ReplyDeleteRachel, you are the best! I'm sure that your Mom lovedddd every minute of her special Spa time with you today! Puts a smile on my face! Love you, Aunt Kathy
ReplyDeleteDearest Rachel,
ReplyDeleteUR the BEST!!!! What a wonderful Mom-Daughter day. Just know Momma loved every minute of the pampering. Wish I was there as I would do the same thing.Thank U soooo much for taking care of "our" Cathy---yes she does belong to all of us U know!! The love and prayers continue.
Auntie ME
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteHave been thinking of your mom all day. I remembered, fondly, our all girls weekend in Houston. What fun we all had! So when I finally got to the computer today I read about your mom's spa day. How wonderful! You are so special. Just think of all you will have to tell your mom when she wakes up.
Prayers continue and are bringing results. What a blessing.
Take care of yourselves and your dad. I know all too well how hard it is. Grandma and Grandpa have many hospital stays. I know how draining it can be.
Love you all,
Aunt Judy
Love that! What a sweet daughter you are. We continue to lift up Cathy in prayer and believe in her complete healing. Love y'all!
ReplyDelete