My sweet sweet Mommy,
I cannot believe that it has been one month since your surgery. A part of me feels like it was yesterday and the other part feels like it was one year ago! I still remember our last conversation {clear as day}, you were telling me everything was going to be okay as they were wheeling you away from me. And you know what Mom, you were right {as always}, everything WILL be okay!
This past month has been difficult, okay it's been REALLY difficult. Every second of every day you cross my mind! You did a good job of preparing me for your surgery - you told me it was going to hard, you told me it was going to be really hard, but you didn't tell me it was going to be THIS HARD. I think you would be proud of me though, I've been very strong!!! I've stayed positive and kept smiling! Even on my weakest days, I feel myself getting stronger! ; )
Everyday I ask God to give me signs that everything will be okay and you know what...that man doesn't stop! I see positive signs all day long! Sometimes it's a butterfly or your favorite commercial on TV or a song on the radio, it's constant and I love it!
I missed you so much at Thanksgiving this year, Kelly did great and it was perfect but it wasn't the same without you there. I asked Kelly what I could bring or bake to help out and she gave me the task of dessert! What's one of the first things you think of when you think of Thanksgiving?! Pumpkin Pie! Yes, I was a little stressed to say the least. I think I called Kelly three times asking stupid questions about pies. After one practice pie, I got it right and it was perfect - Dad approved!
Dad is doing great by the way! One of the last things you told me was to take care of Daddy - and I am!! Kelly and I are keeping him well fed. He is the STRONGEST man I have ever met! He is by your side all day, everyday. He has every reason in this world to break down and yet he continues to be positive, kind and thankful.
I did something a little crazy this year and put up my Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. I am putting all my nervous energy into decorating these days! Christmas has never looked so good at my house! I am so thankful I inherited your Martha Stewart craftiness! ; ) That gift card you gave me for my birthday has been put to good use this season.
I can't wait for the day when we can go shopping and out to lunch again. Our favorite lunch spots and stores are calling our names! I'm ready for you to come back to us, Sleeping Beauty!
Thank you for continuing to be so strong and respond to us! Even while you are sleeping, I am still amazed by your strength. You've got this, Mom! xoxo
God IS Good!
Love, Rachel



Dearest Rachel,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful note to Mom. She is so proud of you. She did a good job of raising you and you are doing her proud right now. Yes, it is very difficult!!!!! but you are not alone on this journey. I believe that her strength and creativity is shining through "YOU" Keep busy...Keep the faith...and Keep doing just what you are doing.
I love you but your Mom loves you more! Aunt ME
Thanks Aunt ME! Love you much!
DeleteThanks for all the updates on ur Mom! I can't wait to hear what angels she saw while she was sleeping!! U wod be surprised to know there are hundreds of angels and they all have names and special jobs
ReplyDeleteMrs Ward
ReplyDeleteWhat a heartfelt letter to your mom. You know us moms just love words from the heart! It's the most precious gift knowing your children love you. I know your mom is so proud of you. Stay strong sweet girl. Thinking of your family and continuing with prayers.
ReplyDeleteMay god watch over all of you, Natalie
Rachel, Reading this brought me to tears. What wonderful thoughts of yours that you shared with all of us.
ReplyDeleteWait until your beautiful mother reads all of what you sent to us. She will be in tears,too.
Love you, Aunt Betsy
Wanted you to know the Bible Study group is thinking of and praying for your mom and family. Joy Ehrman
ReplyDelete