The Sedlak Family

The Sedlak Family
Rachel and John's Wedding

Thursday, November 15, 2012

John Sedlak Day in Houston, Texas



Dad,

One year ago today, you were given an honor that was very much deserved, John Sedlak Day in Houston, Texas.

You are truly the most amazing man I have ever known. You have been so incredibly strong these past few weeks - we are very proud of you and I KNOW, Mom is too. Your strength and faith in God has never been stronger and I can see this in daily life. Your positivity is contagious and your outlook on life is a blessing.

Thank you for being my backbone while Mom is sleeping. I love you so much and I wanted to remind you of why you were given such an honor. I cannot think of a more deserving person!

Below is the link to Metro's blog from last year. Check it out, I am so proud!!

http://blogs.ridemetro.org/blogs/write_on/archive/2011/11/15/Honoring-METRO_2700_s-_2300_2-Guy.aspx

Mom couldn't have said it better, "In our house, every day is John Sedlak Day!"

We love you, Dad!

Love,
Tooch, Michael and Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Rachel!!!! Your Dad is very special person and you and your family are very blessed to have him in your lives. Big Hugs, Bette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you are SO blessed with amazing parents! And a beautiful sister and you know I adore your brother. The Sedlak family is precious and we continue to pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has truly been an honor and a blessing to have John as my brother. As the baby of the family, he has always been someone that I have looked up to - the ultimate example of the perfect husband and father. Also, the best brother that anyone could ever ask for!! I am also thankful that he was blessed with an equally amazing wife. I pray each and every day that this beautiful family will soon be all together again helping Cathy to achieve many milestones and making new memories to cherish. Sending all my love to each and every one of you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this wonderful tribute to my brother gave me chills and tears. How blessed this family has been to have him around. The memories are long and cherished. John continues to amaze us all. Most amazing is his humble, gentle nature. He just quietly goes about what needs to be done without fanfare or expecting any praise. These qualities he rightfully inherited from our dad. Dad showed by example how it was done. He cared for his loving wife until the end, no complaints, he just did it and did it well. John, thank you for all the love you have given to all of us thru the years and especially to Cathy at this time. Prayers continue for a complete recovery. Til then keep on loving dear Cathy and keep on doing what you do. I love you. Mare

    ReplyDelete